We are seeking a highly skilled and dedicated PHP developer to join our creative team. As a PHP developer, you will be responsible for the ongoing software development process, from the initial specification to the testing and launching stages. Your primary focus will be on writing beautiful, fast PHP code to a high standard, contributing to the improvement of our codebase and ensuring scalability
Ink is an innovative IT company based in sunny Alicante, Spain. The company's diverse product portfolio delivers Passenger Service technology for the travel industry across three channels - Desktop, Mobile and Self Service - from our Cloud Platform.
We provide mission-critical products and services to several international aviation clients and our systems have handled over 50 million passengers for over 100 airlines in airports all over the world.
Our team thrives on the adrenaline of competing against billion-dollar companies using our ingenuity and relying on our desire to out-innovate them.
Alongside existing development teams in Colombia and Serbia, we are growing our team in Spain. Come join us on that journey.
- Work in a team to develop and maintain complex PHP applications hosted on AWS and GCP
- Build state-of-the-art applications in collaboration with the UI/UX team.
- Expose data to Front End JSON API services
- Utilise existing backend services and increase our existing API capability.
- Integrate with other systems using messages in XML, SOAP, JSON, REST and GraphQL
- Refactor and improve the existing codebase for maintenance and scale.
- Communicate with others to understand, clarify and gather requirements
- Provide sizing for your allocated tasks
- Work in a production pipeline from the concept stage to delivery and post-launch escalated support.
- Communicate progress to colleagues, evaluate requirements and make suggestions
- Document code inline and in brief written documents and screen shares
- Keep abreast of trends and best practices in PHP development
- Source control in Git
- Thoroughly test your own code thoroughly before committing
- Willingness to learn and use new technologies adopted by Ink
- Maintain your own local development environment
- Know and observe Ink's Security Policies as well as our customers' Security Policies. Ink is an ISO 27001-certified company and expects you to know or learn how to write secure code.
- Get new tasks and update them within Jira and record time worked on tasks
- Be a willing Subject Matter Expert in system modules or projects you excel in
Knowledge and Experience
- 3+ years experience in PHP using the Laravel or similar frameworks
- Using Test-Driven Development (TDD), Unit Tests and Acceptance Tests to ensure code quality.
- Working with databases that have dozens of relational tables
- Writing complex queries - JOINs, sub-selects in MySQL (preferred) or PostgreSQL is essential
- Write code that does not unnecessarily consume CPU, RAM or server resources
- Experience with both legacy applications and Microservices architectures is a bonus
- Knowledge of AWS technology like Pub-Sub, Elastiache, S3, SNS, RDS, Lambda is a bonus
Other Skills and Requirements
- Ability to work efficiently in collaboration with a team or on your own.
- Not being afraid or too proud to ask for help. Or unwilling to admit when your idea or approach is wrong or not the best one.
- Collaborate with others to find the best possible solution, even though it may not be yours
- Use your initiative and contribute ideas.
- Work mostly from our company's offices. This is not an entirely remote role.
- Learn at a fast pace and be able to swap between projects and tasks.
- Enjoy writing clean, efficient, shortcodes.
- Work with colleagues all over the world. Currently, we have staff working from 18 countries.
- The ability to read and write English PHP code is essential.
When selecting “Apply now”, be sure to include your CV in the email body and provide the job title and location you’re applying for in the subject line.